1. Electricity Power cuts are not uncommon but generally are very short. All the villas have emergency lighting.
2. Because we have the latest power supply it is possible to have all the bedrooms air-conditioned at once. This is very unusual for Turkey where most villas will only allow, at most, two AC units at the same time.
3. We have some UK power points and there are UK adapters in all the Villas. Please ask Nesrin if you need some more.
Air-conditioning uses most of the electricity and guests can dramatically reduce the cost by simply using the
Air-conditioning when required rather than constantly.
5. All our
Air-conditioning unit are modern and well serviced.
Air-conditioning and pool filtration units are the 2 most expensive bits of equipment villas need to have. We have only the best quality air-conditioning units and they all conform to EU standards. All our bedrooms have
Air-conditioning. The unit on the wall is the very latest flat unit which is very quiet and conforms to the highest standards of safety and hygiene.
6. The Heated Swimming Pool is available at the Villa Marcus and we offer special inclusive prices for pool heating when the pool heating is arranged and paid for at least 14 days in advance.
7. The payment for Gas and Electric is normally taken from the security deposit, charges in excess of the security deposit must be paid on day of departure, and
payment is by cash only (Pounds, Turkish Lira, Euros and Dollars).
8. There is a charge of
30p per Kilowatt Hour for electricity which is taken from the Security deposit. Recent bills vary from Â£25 to Â£55 a week in spring/autumn and Â£35 to Â£95 a week in high season. The actual charge depends on usage, and simple precautions can easily halve the bill.
It is true that most Villas offer free electric, although many have a maximum allowed. Electricity is, as we all know very expensive, and almost all villas who offer free electric have way to reduce usage that will often spoil a holiday.
The most common trick used by unscrupulous villa renters is to have hot water supplied by sun heaters and this means low pressure and no hot water when it's gone. This is a real problem when there are large groups or people like to shower.
Air conditioning is also rationed by the simple device of having the smallest units available and ensuring that by having low voltage circuits that only two can be on at the same time, and that they cut out after running continuously for 1 hour.
We believe that guests are quite happy to pay for what they use and see this as the fairest way.
9. There is a charge for gas at
the villas, which is used for
heating the hot water. We
decided to put these new heaters
in because guests increasingly
want to have access to constant
hot water 24 hours a day. The
charge for gas is Â£30 per
Checking the Meters
10. On the day of arrival we check the gas and electric meters and ask guests to check the figures. This is then signed for, a copy is available on request, on day of departure another reading is done and the charge worked out, copy of the second reading is available on request. Both the gas and electric meter are next/near to the front door and are guests are free to monitor the usage.
Swimming Pool heating may be arranged locally as well, and charges are based on metered gas usage.